Friday 10 Aug 2018, 6pmBedford Corn Exchange, Bedford
Venue Box Office: 01234 718112
Kwamé Ryan conductor
Tim Steiner presenter
Mason Bates Mothership
John Williams Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: Hedwig's Theme
Hannah Kendall Baptistry
Stravinsky The Firebird: Berceuse & Finale (1919 Suite)
John Williams Star Wars, Suite: V. Throne Room & End Titles
Holst Excerpts from The Planets
Experience the thrill of a live orchestra in our friendly and informal evening concert. Relax on a beanbag, enjoy a drink whilst the orchestra plays and get the chance to meet musicians.
Immerse yourself in great live music from out of this world.
The concert begins with a performance of Mothership for electronics and orchestra, a gripping piece that imagines the orchestra as a spacecraft that is docked by visiting soloists, by Grammy-nominated composer and DJ Mason Bates. Continuing our journey through space, we bring you music from one of the most iconic works for orchestra of all time: Holst’s mighty The Planets.
Then it’s time for a musical adventure to J K Rowling’s Hogwarts as we hear the enchanting main theme to the Harry Potter films, before transporting you to a galaxy far, far, away, with music from John Williams’s epic score to Star Wars.
How it works
- Tickets costs £5, 10 and £15 and can be booked online in just a few clicks
- We have beanbags, floor seating and chairs or the option to stand at the back
- We can freepost your tickets to your home or you can pick them up on the night from our friendly front-of-house team
- The concert is an hour long with no interval
- You are welcome to enjoy a drink from the bar whilst you watch the orchestra play
- There’s no dress code – you can wear what you like
This performance is the culmination of a six week audience-development project in Bedford called The Virtual Orchestra that gives everyone the opportunity to experience a symphony orchestra up-close, no matter what your age or experience. Find out more.
Please note tickets are now sold out in the balcony and front stalls. We have a limited number of standing tickets still available for £5.