Auditions Thursday 18 and Friday 19 December 2014.
Successful applicants will be invited to an audition consisting of the first movement of either the WA Mozart Bassoon Concerto in Bb K191, or the Weber Bassoon Concerto in F Op 75. No cadenzas are required.
Then the following excerpts:
1. Figaro Overture: 5 bars after letter C to letter D, (bar 139-171) - minim = 80.
2. Ravel G major 3rd mvt: 5 bars after rehearsal number 14 to 4 bars after rehearsal number 15, both 1st and 2nd bassoon parts - crotchet = 140.
3. Smetana Bartered Bride: 2nd bassoon part - letter B to 13 bars before letter C. minim = 144.
4. Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique: 5th mvt - 8 bars after rehearsal number 63 to 5 bars before rehearsal number 65. Dotted crotchet = 104.
5. Sibelius VC: 2nd mvt - bar 5 to 4 bars before rehearsal number 1. Quaver = 58.
6. Mahler Symphony No 5: Finale - 6th bar of rehearsal number 19 to 4th bar of rehearsal number 20. Minim = 116.
7. Brahms Piano Concerto No 1: 2nd mvt - opening 14 bars. Crotchet = 48.
8. Bartok Concerto for Orchestra: 2nd mvt - bar 9 to bar 181. Crotchet = 82.
Finale - complete. Crotchet = 140. Coda, minim = 80.
9. Tchaikovsky Symphony No 6: finale - bar 2 to 3 bars before letter C. Crotchet = 42.
These orchestral excerpts will be provided in advance by the Philharmonia.
Closing date: 31 October 2014
100% Second Violin Tutti member AND Second Violin Extras.
Auditions: Thursday 15 – Friday 16 & Monday 19 January 2015.
Successful applicants will be invited to an audition consisting of the 1st movement of any WA Mozart Violin Concerto of your choice, plus the 1st movement of any contrasting concerto of your choice (no cadenzas in either concerto required) plus orchestral excerpts.
Closing date: 28 November 2014
The Philharmonia Orchestra wishes to recruit an experienced and inspirational Marketing Director to lead its small, busy and successful Marketing and Communications team promoting almost 200 live concerts, digital and participatory events a year. We are looking for someone with a demonstrable track record in arts marketing and considerable knowledge of the classical music/orchestral sector. Essential requirements include at least 5 years working in a related role at a managerial level, together with strategic planning experience in audience development, marketing and communications, and a hands-on, flexible approach.
Attractive package available, commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to Fiona Martin, Deputy Managing Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 27 October 2014, 12:00
Contact: Fiona Martin (email@example.com)
Traineeships Currently Available
There are currently no vacant traineeships.