Saturday 6 August 2011
The Three Choirs Festival is one of the oldest choral music events in the world and each year the Philharmonia takes up the position of resident orchestra at the festival. We were delighted to be able to offer Friends the opportunity to join us for another fantastic music filled day in Worcester.
Friends travelled by coach from Leicester to Worcester in the morning arriving in time to explore the sights and sounds of the Festival before enjoying top seats at the evening's performance of Elgar's The Dream of Gerontius featuring Sarah Connolly, John Graham-Hall and Alan Opie.
We also offered Friends some additional activities including lunch with members of the Orchestra and the opportunity to attend an afternoon concert at Malvern College with the Melchior Ensemble led by past Philharmonia Principal cellist David Cohen, featuring Leicester International Music Festival artist Priya Mitchell.
There was an opportunity to attend the Choral Evensong at Worcester Cathedral at 5.30pm as well.
The sold out evening performance was one to be remembered.
- Woburn Abbey Gala Concert and Dinner
- Chamber Concert at West London Synagogue
- Leicester Friends Trip to the Three Choirs Festival
- Leicester Friends Trip to Birmingham
- Bedford Friends Trip to Leicester
- Principal Friends Pre-concert Reception 2013
- Meet And Greet
- Friends' Christmas Receptions 2012
- An Evening Of Art And Music
- Open Rehearsals
- Past Events