The Orchestra’s Education Fund was set up in 2002 to provide a solid base for the continuation and development of our Education Programme. Please consider making a donation to the Fund; all donations will go directly into our high quality music projects and activities, reaching people at a ‘grass roots’ level.
Your donation, however large or small, is of great value not only to the Orchestra but also, most importantly, to the schools, youth groups and individuals that we work with.
The Philharmonia’s Live Education Programme, offers a comprehensive programme of musical events and projects in some of the most deprived areas of London, as well as in areas where the Orchestra holds a Residency. The work has been designed to provide musical opportunities to those who would not normally have access to them and to build relationships between participants and the Orchestra where it is resident.
There are many ways in which a donation to the Education Fund can support the Philharmonia’s Education programme:
- £75 pays for continual professional development training for our musicians to ensure that the work they continue to carry out as part of our education programme is of the highest quality for our participants
- £150 buys a percussion pack for use in-schools.
- £350 pays for an INSET training session for up to 40 teachers
- £500 pays for 150 tickets for school children to experience a Philharmonia 'Orchestra Unwrapped' schools concert
- £1,000 pays the fees for a workshop leader and Philharmonia Orchestra musicians for an education event
- £3,000 pays for the development and upkeep of a series of online resources over the course of a year. These resources are free for everyone to download and use
- £5,000 covers the cost of an entire pre-concert Music of Today event
- £5,000 covers the cost of a Study Day
Education Fund supporters
- Allianz Cultural Foundation
- The Ernest Cook Trust
- The Maud Elkington Charitable Trust
- Esmée Fairbairn Foundation
- The Hugh Fraser Foundation
- The Amaryllis Fleming Foundation
- The Golsoncott Foundation
- The Paul Hamlyn Foundation
- The Meyer Foundation
- Adam Mickiewicz Institute
- The Monument Trust
- Paul Morgan Charitable Trust
- The Edith Murphy Foundation
- Orchestras Live
- The Prince of Wales's Charitable Foundation
- Royal Philharmonic Society
- The Ernst von Siemens Musikstifung
- SFIA Educational Trust
- The Thistle Trust