The Orchestra is available to hire to make film soundtracks and video games, genres we have many years' experience in recording.
To see EA Games' experience of working with the Philharmonia Orchestra on the Harry Potter video game series, click to play the short film.
The Philharmonia Orchestra has recorded a wealth of film soundtracks throughout its history and features on well-known blockbusters including The Shipping News (2002), Resident Evil II (2004), Vanity Fair (2004) and more recently Great Expectations (2012), Iron Man 3 (2013), Elysium (2013), Thor: The Dark World (2013) and Fury (2014).
The Philharmonia’s experience in the studio, its ensemble and its flexibility to achieve the sound you require all contribute to the perfect movie soundtrack recording orchestra.
“The orchestra is the best I ever had, and their attitude was so professional and accommodating. I hold the Philharmonia Orchestra in the highest regard”.Inon Zur, composer - Lord of the Rings: War in the North (WB Games)
The Philharmonia Orchestra is the go-to orchestra for video-game recordings in the UK. It has played in the studio for game composers across the last decade including Mark Griskey, James Hannigan, Russell Shaw and Christopher Lennertz on games such as:
- Harry Potter series
- Lord of the Rings: War in the North
- Dante’s Inferno
- Command & Conquer
- Medal of Honour
- Dead Space 3
- Remember Me
With unrivalled experience working on video-game soundtracks, the Philharmonia is first choice for many composers and production companies – watch a video of us in the studio recording an instalment of the Harry Potter video-game series and hear EA Games talk about working with the Philharmonia above.
“It's always an honour having the Philharmonia bring my works to life, bringing as they do such intense musicality, vitality and precision to every performance they undertake”.James Hannigan, composer - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (EA Games)
With every recording you make with the Philharmonia Orchestra you are guaranteed:
- The Philharmonia Orchestra and never a ‘B-Band’ – a group of musicians who perform together on stage and in the studio more than 150 times every year
- Exceptional performance quality and the flexibility to achieve the sound you require as well as first-rate sight-readers
- A warm and friendly reception from the orchestra and staff with the patience and professionalism to get what you need from your time in the studio
- Attendance of our experienced team at the sessions including Transport and Stage Manager, Personnel Manager and Librarian to ensure your sessions run smoothly
To discuss your project in more detail and to request a quote, please contact Paul Talkington on 07768 164 768.
For more information contact Rachel Jones, Manager, Regional Concerts & Projects on +44 (0)207 921 3914.