Of all the world’s orchestras, it is the Philharmonia that holds the most special place in our hearts. After all, it was created by Walter Legge, one of the greatest record producers of all time, to play as EMI’s house orchestra for his recordings. The Philharmonia Orchestra is indelibly associated with such great figures from the label’s history as Wilhelm Furtwängler, Herbert von Karajan, Otto Klemperer, Riccardo Muti and many others. If the economic vicissitudes of recent years have conspired to make our collaborations rarer, it is always a joy to come together for projects such as David Fray's Mozart concertos, recorded in 2010 for Virgin Classics.
Alain Lanceron, President Virgin Classics
When you record with the Philharmonia you are always guaranteed:
• The Philharmonia Orchestra and never a ‘B-Band’ – a group of musicians who perform together on stage and in the studio more than 150 times every year.
• Exceptional performance quality, flexibility to achieve the sound you require and first-rate sight-readers.
• A warm and friendly reception from the Orchestra and staff with the patience and professionalism to get what you need from your time in the studio.
• Attendance of our experienced team at the sessions including Transport and Stage Manager, Personnel Manager and Librarian to ensure your sessions run smoothly.
The Philharmonia Orchestra is available to hire to make commercial recordings, film soundtracks, jingles, library music and video games, or a recording of a special performance or piece of music. We commit to making every recording experience with us as simple, helpful and enjoyable as possible including:
• Recommending, availability checking and reserving recording venues across London to cater for all different sizes of ensemble and price ranges.
• Recommending, availability checking and booking appropriate conductors for your project when required. The Philharmonia has relationships with a wide range of artists, many of whom are experts in the studio.
• Advising on scheduling to ensure your sessions are as efficiently organised as possible, making the most of your time in the studio and maximising your budget.
• Services of the Philharmonia’s Librarian to produce and pad all parts and bind scores where music can be provided with sufficient notice.
• Discussing ways in which the Philharmonia can be filmed during sessions for use on promotional material for your website, or as ‘added extras’ on commercial recordings. With its own Digital Department constantly making videos and podcasts of the Orchestra, the Philharmonia musicians are confident and comfortable in front of the camera and we can arrange any bespoke filming you may require via our partner Rite Digital.
To discuss your project in more detail and to get a quote, contact Vicky Shilling, Manager, Regional Concerts & Projects on +44 (0)207 921 3914.