- Live education concerts featuring a full symphony orchestra introduced by education specialist Paul Rissmann, who guides the children on a fun and interactive journey through the Orchestra's instruments, players and music.
- Learning resources for children and teachers, for use in both the classroom and at home.
- INSET teacher training, equipping teachers with the skills to maximise the concert experience for their pupils, enhancing their knowledge and appreciation of music, as well as developing personal creativity, expression, confidence and group work skills.
- The concerts are interactive and participatory; the INSET training delivers a substantial audience participation segment to be taught by teachers in-school prior to the concert. The audience participation piece typically includes singing, body percussion and rap. It is designed to be learned and taught by non-music specialists.
- Suitable for all children; as well as mainstream schools, Orchestra Unwrapped concerts are regularly attended by special schools, home educated children, pupil referral units, and looked after children. Materials and activities can be tailored as appropriate.
DE MONTFORT HALL, LEICESTER
Wednesday 16 October 2013
Wednesday 22 January 2014
Wednesday 11 June 2014
Booking is now OPEN!
THE ANVIL, BASINGSTOKE
Monday 20 January 2014
Booking is now OPEN!
Orchestra Unwrapped is generously supported by a number of trusts, foundations, companies and individuals. In order to continue the project in future years, the Philharmonia is seeking additional funding. Find out how you can support the project here.
Current supporters include: Anvil Arts, Ernest Cook Trust, Mr Graham Edwards, The Maud Elkington Charitable Trust, Pick Everard, The Golsoncott Foundation, The Monument Trust, The Prince of Wales's Charitable Foundation, The Rotary Club of Leicester Novus, S.F.I.A. Education Trust Limited, Trapston and Raunds Rotary Club, Burley Appliances, The Edith Murphy Foundation and many other anonymous individuals...