- Live education concerts featuring a full symphony orchestra introduced by education specialist Paul Rissmann, who guides the children on a fun and interactive journey through the Orchestra's instruments, players and music.
- Learning resources for children and teachers, for use in both the classroom and at home.
- INSET teacher training, equipping teachers with the skills to maximise the concert experience for their pupils, enhancing their knowledge and appreciation of music, as well as developing personal creativity, expression, confidence and group work skills.
- The concerts are interactive and participatory; the INSET training delivers a substantial audience participation segment to be taught by teachers in-school prior to the concert. The audience participation piece typically includes singing, body percussion and rap. It is designed to be learned and taught by non-music specialists.
- Suitable for all children; as well as mainstream schools, Orchestra Unwrapped concerts are regularly attended by special schools, home educated children, pupil referral units, and looked after children. Materials and activities can be tailored as appropriate.
Concerts for the 2016/17 season will be announced soon. Please keep checking back.
Orchestra Unwrapped is dependent upon donations from our audience members and supporters, trusts, foundations, and business. Find out how you can support the project here.
Orchestra Unwrapped is generously supported by:
We are also grateful to the following for their support of the project:
- Alan Choice Ltd
- Leicestershire & Rutland Masonic Charity Association
- Edith Murphy Foundation
- Pick Everard
and a circle of individual donors.