- Live education concerts featuring a full symphony orchestra introduced by education specialist Paul Rissmann, who guides the children on a fun and interactive journey through the Orchestra's instruments, players and music.
- Learning resources for children and teachers, for use in both the classroom and at home.
- INSET teacher training, equipping teachers with the skills to maximise the concert experience for their pupils, enhancing their knowledge and appreciation of music, as well as developing personal creativity, expression, confidence and group work skills.
- The concerts are interactive and participatory; the INSET training delivers a substantial audience participation segment to be taught by teachers in-school prior to the concert. The audience participation piece typically includes singing, body percussion and rap. It is designed to be learned and taught by non-music specialists.
- Suitable for all children; as well as mainstream schools, Orchestra Unwrapped concerts are regularly attended by special schools, home educated children, pupil referral units, and looked after children. Materials and activities can be tailored as appropriate.
DE MONTFORT HALL, LEICESTER
Wednesday 21 January 2015, 1pm SOLD OUT
Tuesday 12 May 2015, 1pm SOLD OUT
Leicester Orchestra Unwrapped is now SOLD OUT. Find out more about the concerts here
THE ANVIL, BASINGSTOKE
Monday 23 March 2015, 1pm
Booking will open in September 2014, and you can find out more about the concerts here
Orchestra Unwrapped is generously supported by a number of trusts, foundations, companies and individuals. In order to continue the project in future years, the Philharmonia is seeking additional funding. Find out how you can support the project here.
Current supporters include: Anvil Arts, Ernest Cook Trust, Mr Graham Edwards, Pick Everard, The Monument Trust, Burley Appliances, The Edith Murphy Foundation, The Andor Charitable Trust, Friends of Arts in Education - Leicester and many other anonymous individuals...