Hear and Now is a longstanding unique musical collaboration between the Tibbs Dementia Foundation’s Music 4 Memory, a singing group for people living with dementia and their carers, Fusion Youth Singing, a teenage vocal and instrumental group, and members of the Philharmonia Orchestra. Young and old instrumentalists from the North Bedfordshire Youth Chamber Orchestra and Da Capo String Ensemble – a group for learners/rusty returners – form the Hear and Now intergenerational orchestra. Comprising over 150 participants, this multi-layered project is unique in its quality, creativity, diversity, scale, and age-span.
- allows participants to create and compose original music and words via discussion, reminiscence and creative workshops.
- provides mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer support
- encourages sharing of experience and challenges stereotypes
Instrumentalists receive coaching from Philharmonia musicians, and play side-by-side with members of the Orchestra in performance.
Hear and Now is co-produced with Orchestras Live and is presented in partnership with Fusion Youth Singing and the Tibbs Dementia Foundation’s Music 4 Memory.
The project is generously supported by:
- The Assessment Network
- Mrs BL Robinson’s Charitable Trust
- The Steel Charitable Trust
- The Wixamtree Trust.
The future of Hear and Now depends on continued fundraising; to find out how you can support, please click here.